How to Talk to Your Patients About Nutrition
Jasmol Sardana, DO, FACLM, DipABLM
The Learning Process
Participants are expected to watch the video, reflect on its content, and complete the continuing education self-assessment and evaluation. Only upon completing this process will a participant's continuing education certificate be generated. The estimated time a learner will need to complete this self-study activity is 1 hour.
This activity is approved for continuing education for physicians, nurses, and dietitians.
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Explain how diet and chronic disease are related.
- List barriers to discussing nutrition and strategies to overcome them.
- Describe the stages of change.
- Demonstrate key techniques involved in motivational interviewing.
- Outline the “5 A’s” Framework.
Requirements for successful completion: Participants will be awarded contact hours commensurate with participation after completion of the post-test with a score of 70% or higher.