Sex, Dopamine, and Rock 'n' Roll: How Foods Affect the Brain
Neal Barnard, M.D.
The Learning Process:
Participants are expected to watch the video, reflect on its content, and complete the CME self-assessment and CME evaluation. Only upon completing this process will a participant's continuing education certificate be generated. The estimated time a learner will need to complete this self-study activity is 1 hour.
- Understand how music influences brain dopamine activity.
- Describe healthful means of stimulating dopamine release in the brain.
- Understand the analgesic effects of music during labor and delivery.
- Describe the potential health effects of consuming foods that stimulate dopamine release.
- Understand recent scientific findings on the neural reward system.
- Describe the utility and limits of fMRI in neurological research.