Free, non-commercial nutrition continuing education credits for healthcare professionals
Are you a physician, nurse, or dietitian looking for powerful, evidence-based nutrition information?
Do you want to use your nutrition knowledge to help prevent, manage, or even reverse chronic disease in patients?
If so, you’re in the right place. NutritionCME.org offers free, non-commercial, nutrition-focused continuing education credits for healthcare professionals.
When you register, you’ll receive free access to video courses and presentations by leaders in their respective fields. You’ll learn about the role nutrition plays in brain health, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, and more—with an emphasis on plant-based nutrition for disease prevention, management, and even reversal.
Jointly provided by the Physicians Committee and the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Courses on NutritionCME.org are jointly provided the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated bringing nutrition into medical education and practice, and the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Continuing Education Accreditation
Unless otherwise specified, all courses on NutritionCME.org are accredited for physicians, nurses, and dietitians. Other healthcare professionals may be eligible for credit depending on the type of credit their credentialing bodies accept.
The types of credit awarded for successful completion of learning activities are as follows:
- Physicians and Physician Assistants: American Medical Association / AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, as designated by the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners: Continuing Education Contact Hours, approved by the Virginia Nurses Association (an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation)
- Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians, Registered: Continuing and professional education units (CPEUs) accredited by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Certified Diabetes Educators: Please see our accreditation page for details.
- Other healthcare providers: AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (Check to see if this type of credit is accepted by your credentialing organization.) Please enter “other” in the profession field when you register for NutritionCME.
If you have any credentialing questions, please check with your credentialing organization to ensure they accept the type of credit listed.
Still have questions? We love to hear from you! Contact us.